Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Upgrade Post Event

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

Got a question about post upgrades and licensing. I am upgrading from 5.1.3 to 7.0.2 this weekend. I have tested in lab and am all happy with this. My question is after the event what about licencing. I have over 6500 DLU from the version 5 and then will add the licences for version 7 that came after ordering the upgrade and registering the PAK codes.

But say somewhere along the line I have to rebuild in the distant future do I have to rebuild from scratch.

For example I was originally on 5.1.2 so have the boot disk for that. Upgraded to 5.1.3c using the patch upgrade and again upgrading from 5.1.3c to 7.0.2 using the 5.X-7.0.2 upgrade disk I got with my upgrade pack. I also got a full bootable version. So if I rebuild can I go straight to version 7 and just add the current licences purchased for version 5 and the upgrade licences for 7 or do I have to build 5.1.2 - 5.1.3 - 7.0.2

Many Thanks

Paul

cheers

Paul

2 Replies 2

sshams007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paul,

If You reinstall using a full bootable version of 7.0.2 on the same machine since ,the mac address remains the same you would only need a Software feature license that needs to be applied for the version 7.0.2 in this case.

The Software feature license is the same license that You would have uploaded after upgrading the CUCM initially from 5.1.2 to 7.0.2

Restore the previous backup taken for 7.0.2 after the reinstall .This will retain the DLU's earlier purchased.

HTH

Regards,

Shams

Shams,

Thanks for this, that makes sense now. Now I know if I have a failure I only need the one install to recover.

Thanks Again

Paul