Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM V6.0 Sip Trunk to ISP

ariel.aguirre
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everybody,

I have a doubt regards a CUCM configuration, so I have to configure a Cisco Unified Call Manager version 6.0(1) to accept a SIP Trunk from a ITSP.  The ITSP gave to me the SIP Proxy name, the Outbound Proxy ip address and (username and password) to be authenticated, that is logical because in this case we are client of the ITSP and the ITSP needs to be protected.

I have already configured a SIP trunk between a CUCM and a Nortel CS1000 and i didn't configure username and password to reach it worked.  In the case of the ITSP i have not found where to configure username and password to be authenticated against the SIP Proxy, i want to know if i can connect my cucm directly to the SIP cloud without the need to configure or use another network device.  I know that to the end i have to put a firewall to protect my cucm but i need to probe it without firewall in front.

I hope to be clear,

thanks

Ariel

1 Reply 1

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Configuring Digest Authentication for the SIP Trunk

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk
HTH

java

if this helps, please rate
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: