cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM v7.13 & 7911G Ip Phone

jason._charles
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to reverse engineer our call center process with our internal agents. Currently they use cisco 7911 phones that are registered to our call manager. The in house agents login to the citrix environment, the launch ipcc (entering extension, password, and remote phone number.) The virtual agents enter 9 + 10 digit phone number for them to establish a nailed-up connection. The internal agents enter the extension of a 7911g phone configured in cucm with the extension range of 73XXX. We had an issue with one of our vendors recently today with their ptp but the questions are as follows:

1. Inbound traffic is different than our outbound traffic, why did callers in queue drop? (is this related to the mtp resources and nailed up connection)

Analysis: I see that the phones have the same Device pool, leading to the same MRG List, which coincides with the MRG which contained our MTP resources for nailed-up connections which showed a drop in traffic.

3. The 7911G phone is registered in call manager to a subscriber, but what else in invovled in the process from cm besides dial tone should it be tied to a trunk and if that is the case if a vendor's ptp goes down that will affect all services i.e. their trunk.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, if the incoming & outgoing calls are configured to use to MTP, then yes all MTP resources must have been exausted by outgoing calls + already established incoming calls. Next, when one of the queued call is connected to agent, lack of MTP would make them drop.

If the need is to continue with same config, you would need more DSP resources in the gateway router.

HTH ?

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, if the incoming & outgoing calls are configured to use to MTP, then yes all MTP resources must have been exausted by outgoing calls + already established incoming calls. Next, when one of the queued call is connected to agent, lack of MTP would make them drop.

If the need is to continue with same config, you would need more DSP resources in the gateway router.

HTH ?

GP.

Pls rate the post if it helps !!

Looking back at our statseeker, I see there was a severe drop in traffic for MTP resources. Great catch.