Cisco Support Community
Community Member

CUCM v9.1(2) - LDAP directory integration - user search base contains ampersand (&)

Hi All,

Has anyone been able to integrate using LDAP to a user search base that contains a &?

For example: LDAP User Search Base: OU=Users,OU=User & Groups,DC=domain,DC=com,DC=au

My CUCM cluster appears to except this user search base becuase it was already configured before our upgrade but when I try to add this user search base to the Directory Profile for my users default Jabber UC Service Profile i receive an error stating that the ampersand is a invalid character and will not allow me to save the change.

I agree with another users statement on this support forum that it is a bad practice to use ampersands but microsoft allows OU's to be named using &'s so is there any way cisco will follow suit?

Do i have any other options other than requesting for the client to change their naming converstions? 

Thanks in advance,

Cisco Employee

CUCM v9.1(2) - LDAP directory integration - user search base con

For now editing the OU to not contain an ampersand is how you'll get it to work.  This has been fixed in CUCM 10.0.  If you would like to see the fix added to a 9.1(2) build of CUCM please open a TAC case and we can get the process started for you.

CreatePlease to create content