Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Version 8.5

Hi,

Backup taken from CUCM version 7.1.5 can be uploaded on another server with CUCM version 8.5??, i mean it will effect any configurations done on 7.1.5 after uploading on 8.5???

Firasath

7 Replies 7

odaijeriss
Level 1
Level 1

Data backuped up from a certian CUCM version should be restored on the same exact version. So backup taken from 7.1.5 will not work on 8.5

Best Regards,

Odai Jeriss

Gajanan Pande
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

When you restore your data, the hostname, server IP address, and the deployment type must be the same as it was during the backup. DRS does not restore across different hostnames, IP addresses and deployment types.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/drs/8_6_1/drsag861.html#wp42275

Pls rate the post if it helps.

GP.

Wow, when I'm reminded about these CUCME "issues", I like CME more and more.

All what it takes to backup a CME is saving a text file probably few hundreds of bytes compressed.

And can be restored into anything, anywhere, anytime.

yes CUCME is a very strong product, however CUCM has somethings that you can not do with CUCME:

1- High availability and clustering is not possible in CUCME.

2- It can not handle larg number of users like CUCM.

3- Managment is much more easier in CUCM than CUCME.

4- Easier to configure features comparing to CUCME

5- CUCM supports more third party application integration, almost all third party application can be integrated with it.

6- Video in CUCM much more stronger than CUCME.

Best Regards,

Odai Jeriss

1. Redundancy (high availability) is supported by CME.
  2. 99% of phone system installations of the world are under 450 (current CME Max).
  3. I don't agree. I find management easier in CME than in CUCM.
  4. As above.
  5. Most customers don't buy any integration application.

Thanks for all your comments.

Pls remember to rate helpful posts.

GP.