Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM Version 9 – IP Set restricted use feature (FAC for All Placed Calls)

Hello,

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to force the requirement of a password (or code) for all placed calls (internal, external, LD and international) from one set connected to my CUCM. This particular phone is located in the Computer Lab at a High School. Often students are in the Lab unsupervised and I do not want anyone to be able to use this set. Only Teachers.

I have attempted the use of Extension Mobility, this created further confusion for the reception staff as they were not sure who they were transferring calls to; and users often neglected to logout of EM when leaving the room.

I am kicking around the idea of adding additional Line and Device Calling Search Spaces with Forced Authorization Codes; however to the best of my knowledge a FAC will not prompt for an internal call.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Any solutions or ideas?

Please advise.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

CUCM Version 9 – IP Set restricted use feature (FAC for All Pl

You're correct, natively, the best you can get is EM, FAC/CMC only work on outbound calls via a RP.

You can search CSC and you can find some 3rd party solutions to lock the phones.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi
2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

You're correct, natively, the best you can get is EM, FAC/CMC only work on outbound calls via a RP.

You can search CSC and you can find some 3rd party solutions to lock the phones.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

thanks

Views
Helpful