cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Version 9 – IP Set restricted use feature (FAC for All Placed Calls)

andrewmiddleton
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am looking for a solution that will allow me to force the requirement of a password (or code) for all placed calls (internal, external, LD and international) from one set connected to my CUCM. This particular phone is located in the Computer Lab at a High School. Often students are in the Lab unsupervised and I do not want anyone to be able to use this set. Only Teachers.

I have attempted the use of Extension Mobility, this created further confusion for the reception staff as they were not sure who they were transferring calls to; and users often neglected to logout of EM when leaving the room.

I am kicking around the idea of adding additional Line and Device Calling Search Spaces with Forced Authorization Codes; however to the best of my knowledge a FAC will not prompt for an internal call.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Any solutions or ideas?

Please advise.

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct, natively, the best you can get is EM, FAC/CMC only work on outbound calls via a RP.

You can search CSC and you can find some 3rd party solutions to lock the phones.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're correct, natively, the best you can get is EM, FAC/CMC only work on outbound calls via a RP.

You can search CSC and you can find some 3rd party solutions to lock the phones.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

thanks