Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUCM virtual HD sizing

Has anyone else experienced problems with the vHD sizes in the Cisco supplied OVAs?

Back in the day, our CUCM cluster was built on 7845H2s, which had 4 x 72GB HDs in a mirrored setup, giving 146GB of usable disc space. When CUCM 8.0 came out, I was strongly advised by my SE to upgrade these 72GB HDs to 146GB HDs, so giving 280GB of usable disc space.

The VM templates for CUCM only create a single 80 or 110GB virtual HD (depending on cluster size)

When I virtualised my dev cluster, I selected the smaller cluster size and so had a single 80GB HD. Doing some work on my dev system, I found myself running out of disc space in the commong partition, so I had to increase the virtual disc to 110GB.

If my dev cluster is only just running in 110GB, and how on earth is my live system going to cope with 110GB disc space when virtual, when I was told it needed 280GB on physical?

When creating the VMs for my live cluster, I'm sorely tempted to make the vHDs something like 300GB. But the warning on Cisco's sites is that if you go outside the OVA template, you're unsupported.

Gordon.

Please rate all helpful posts.
Views
Helpful
Replies