Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/VMWare on a laptop

myxxym0xx
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone has done this before, and if have it working can recommend how to do it.

I have a laptop running VMWare on it, and I have variuos CUCM and CUC installed on it for test purposes. All of these work great in my lab when connected to my LAN, my phones register I can browse to CUCM and CUC for configuration.

Now is there a way that if I am say in a hotel not connected via ethernet that I can "fool" VMWare into thinking the LAN is connected, so I can still browse to CUCM/CUC and configure and maybe a Cisco softphone to be able to register?

Thanks all...

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sure, use NAT network connection between your laptop and vmware rather than bridged.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can just change your vmware settings to use one of the vmware adapters installed on your pc. Then assign an ip address in the same subnet to the adapter and you should be able to connect to your guest machines without a physical LAN. I do this all the time

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Please rate all useful posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: