cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Voicemail profile selection

liwhittall
Level 1
Level 1

Here is my enviroment. CUCM 7.1, Unity 5. I also happen to be 'beta' testing Exchange UM, so there are a couple of us in IT that have Exchange voicemail boxes, however most of the company is on Unity. Currently voicemail box selection has been based on orginal called party. Due to some policy changes, it will be best that we do final called party (that way we can forward our phones to another while we're away and the forwarded party will get voicemails for those calls should they not answer). To correct this, I found the setting inside Unity's advanced settings tool to use final called party in mailbox selection, but I found that this isn't enough for our enviroment. If I (with an Exchange VM profile) CFwdAll my phone to another person (with Unity VM profile), when the call rolls to voicemail, they get my Exchange voicemail box. So, this made me realize that something in CUCM, not Unity, needs to be changed for this to work correctly. This all boils down to: How do you set CUCM to use the final called/forwarded party voicemail box (and profile) when forwarding to voicemail?

Hopefully my explaination is clear, please let me know if it isn't or if I need to explain anything else.

Thank you in advance for your help,

Luke Whittall

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Uncheck Outgoing Diversion Header on the SIP trunk pointing to Exchange UM.

HTH,

Chris

Doing that breaks the Exchange VM altogether (since it doesn't see the calls as forwarded), and CUCM still forwards my calls to VM when I'm forwarded to a Unity user.

Tracy Larson
Level 4
Level 4

This is a call manager service parameter.

Its in the Clusterwide Parameters (Feature - Hold Reversion)

CFA Destination Override*

This parameter determines whether Cisco CallManager ignores call forward all (CFA) destinations when the CFA destination is the same as the calling party number. For example, John (on Phone A) has CFA set to Jane (on Phone B). With this parameter enabled, Jane has the ability to transfer a call to John's phone without having that same call sent back to Jane due to John's CFA setting. This capability proves useful when Jane receives a call forwarded from John's phone, but which must go back to John's phone so that the caller can leave a voice message for John. If this parameter is set to False, Jane cannot send any calls to John's phone and the caller will not be able to leave a voice message for John. Note: This override capability only works when the calling party number matches precisely with the number specified in the call forward all destination. In cases where the calling party number has been transformed, the calling party number may not match the CFA destination and override will not be allowed. Valid values specify True (CFA overrides are permitted) or False (CFA overrides are not permitted).
  This is a required field.
  Default:  False

That's not it either, that parameter doesn't seem to affect CFNA calls. I thought the solution was a service parameter, I just can't find the right one.

liwhittall
Level 1
Level 1

Well, for all the other similar forum threads I've read, it looks like the setting is Unity is the only one that applies... nothing CUCM seems to help me. I think it'll just be broke for the handful of us on Exchange, but that's acceptable since the majority is on Unity.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/275373

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/294933

Thanks for everyone's help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: