cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCm6.1(1b) refuses to install - hardware requirements "critical error"

andy_vvc2
Level 1
Level 1

I've been trying to install CUCm6.1(1b) from the official Cisco media (DVD) in our test lab.

Im using an HP Proliant DL380 G5:

Dual proc @ 2.66GHZ

4GB ram

4x 72GB SCSI hard drives

Twin power

HP drive array controller for hardware RAID etc

Everytime i try the installation, it errors with "Critical error" and then some basic text about the hardware requirements not being met.

I've played around with the BIOS setting up RAID 1+0 across the drives. I've also remioved one of the processors to try and fool the install DVD into thinking its a lower spec single processor server (albeit with all the other attributes). This also fails with the same error.

Am i lacking some hardware somewhere for the install to run? Surely the spec is almost up to the higher model server spec from Cisco...? (MCS 7845?)

Any thoughts appreciated. Sadly i dont have a higher spec G5 to try it on.

1 Reply 1

Stoyan Stoitsev
Level 8
Level 8

Hi,

Your CPU does not match the requirements.

Check this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_solution_overview09186a0080107d79.html

Notice that on a HP DL380 G5 you need a "Dual-core Intel Xeon Processor 5140 (2.33 GHz, 1333 FSB)". The installation checks the processor ID and if it does not match you won't get it running. The installation also checks whether you have at least 72GB HDD space and 2GB RAM (if it is dual CPU than you need 4 GB and 4 HDDs).

If it is for Lab, than you can run some Linux or Windows with VMWare and install your CUCM on the VMWare. It is actually much more convenient to have it on a VMWare for lab since you can take snapshots, reboot the server if it hangs without being next to it, change it's IP address and so on.

BR,

Stoyan