cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6-BE

manojdubey02
Level 1
Level 1

we are proposed to our customer Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition for 400 users.The system support voice, video, mobility, and messaging on a single server. Please suggest me about licensing for Phone, Voice messaging.

What do you mean Seat Licenses ? ( Is it represent to total number device/Phone)

Please give me ur suggestion ASAP

Thanks

Manoj

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi All,

Just an upgrade Mobility feature now requires 4 DLUs per user instead of 2 since UCM 6.1.

>> Sushil

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Manoj,

The Seat License is = to the number of users, so for your proposal you would need to order 350 Seat Licenses (as BE comes with 50). Each Seat License includes a VM Box. Then you need to order DLU's (Device License units for the number/type of IP Phones as well. The different Phone models require varying amounts of DLU's depending on the model;

Here is the DLU breakdown;

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7902G = 1

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7905G = 2

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7911G = 3

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7912G = 3

Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7920 = 4

Cisco Unified IP Conference Station 7936 = 3

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7940G = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7941G-GE = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7960G = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7961G-GE = 4

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7970G = 5

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7971G = 5

Cisco Unified IP Phone 7985G = 6

Third-party SIP device (basic) = 3 (third-party)

Third-party SIP device (advanced) = 6 (third-party

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item0900aecd805009fc.shtml

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your support ....Its really useful information to design the solution

Thanks,

Manoj Dubey

Dear Rob,

Can you tell me cisco unified communication manager is support all cisco IP phone (like CP-7965G, CP-7945G=, CP-7975G ) ???

Becouse these phone is not there in ur sent list and as well in pdf file ..

Regards,

Manoj Dubey

manojdubey02,

Yes the 7945 and 7965's are supported, they will take up the same amount of DLU's as the 41/61's. Also keep in mind that the mobility feature takes up 2 DLU's per user.

This really screwed us after selling and deploying CUCMBE 6.0.

Cheers!

As per your response, CP-7945G and CP-7965 needs DLU 4 unit each and +2 unit for mobility feature. Its means each CP-7945 need total DLU 6 unit....

Please suggest me whether its correct or worng ?

Hi All,

Just an upgrade Mobility feature now requires 4 DLUs per user instead of 2 since UCM 6.1.

>> Sushil

"DLU 4 unit each and +2 unit for mobility feature"...

Your above statement is correct, for 6.0 CUCMBE. Not sure if this would change down to 4 DLU's only if you upgrade to 6.1 CUCMBE. Sounds like it will, I would confirm with cisco.

Cheers

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: