Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM6 Install - Hardware Compatibility error

kironline
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I am having problems installing CUCM6 on a HP DL380(G5) with below spec.

HP DL380(G5) 3.3GHz/1333MHz 6MB L2

2GB RAM

300GB HDD Space on Raid 5

The install fails with the below message:

Critical Error:

The Hardware you are using is not supported for this product. Installation will now halt.

I have checked the hardware compatibility matrix on Cisco.com website and I am not entirely sure how up-to-date the information on the site is. It says HP DL380-G5 (2 CPUs) with 2.33GHz is a supported platform for Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1.x. So if 2.33GHz is supported then 3.3GHz should also work in theory? Is there any patch or something I need to run before I run the install? Please help.

Appreciate your help, many thanks.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This server is not supported as it's too "new". Only the Xeon 2.4 Ghz (5140) processors are supported, not the 3.3. If you decide to get the OEM servers you need to match the specs exactly, sorry.

HTH,

Chris

Chris thanks for the quick reply.

Does that mean Cisco doesnt support the latest hardware? Now the problem here I have is...

I was told by our supplier that HP doesn't sell this part any more (Xeon 2.4Ghz) in UK and I will have to get it shipped from the United States.

Correct.

Cisco is always little bit delayed on the hardware for obviuos reasons, they have to incorporate the hardware specs into their software, since software development cycle takes some time this is what happens.

That's why it's essential that you dont just look at the model (DL380 G5 in this case) but the exact specs, i.e. CPU speed, RAM, drive sizes, RAID controller, etc.

If HP does not sell 2.4 server anymore, then your only option is to buy the MCS server from Cisco. I know the big driver is price, so I would perhaps try to negotiate larger discount from Cisco or your local partner.

HTH, please rate useful posts!

Chris

Thanks Chris!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: