Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM8.6 DB replication

bobby.jacob
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.,

I had change in IP address on my CUCM Cluster, which has a Publisher and one Subscriber.

I followed changing IP address procedures as below-

1)Changed SUB IP Adds from CM PUB Admin Page.

2)Changed the Gateway and IP from SUB CLI. Restarted.

3) Changed PUB IP from SUB -OS Admin and then again Restarted.

4) Changed PUB Ip from Pub Admin page

5)Changed PUB GW and IP from PUB CLI and restarted the Box.

Now when i check the DB Replication- i could see PUB Status: 2- Good

But Sub Its shows N/A.

Iam able to access both servers from GUI, and CM and TFTP,DB Repl. Services are up in both servers.

I restarted the servers couple of times..

Any clue why Subscriber shows N/A in replictaion status.

Thanks

Bobby

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Bobby,

Absolutely.. you need to setup your forward and reverse lookups on your DNS server

Once that is done, you need to test with ssh on the pub

run the foll

utils network host   you should see local and external resolution resolving correctly repeat the process for sub.

once that is in place perform

utils dbreplication stop on sub

utils dbreplication stop on pub

utils dbreplication reset all from pub.

Hope tis helps

Niket

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bobby,

Have you tried to do the following?

1. utils dbreplication stop - on all nodes, first on the SUB, then the PUB

2. utils dbreplication reset all - on PUB

NOTE:  It is recommended to run this procedure during off-peak hours, because can increase CPU usage.

Regards,

Tere.

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

Have you see this great doc:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

HTH,

Chris

Thanks testeven,

I had done the dbreplication as mentioned above, but iam getting replication status as,

Pubisher shows- good.

Subscriber- N/A

2 - good

-

N/A

N/A

admin:utils dbreplicatio

SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS      (msec)  RPC?    STATUS          QUEUE   TABLES L                                   OOP?    (RTMT) & details

-----------     ------------    ------  ----    -----------     -----   --------                                   ----    -----------------

CUCM-P01   10.105.100.110  0.035   Yes     Off-Line        N/A     match  Yes      (2) PUB

CUCM-S01   10.105.100.111  0.134   Yes     Off-Line        N/A     match  N/A      (4) N/A

admin:

Does the replication fail if the CUCM Servers not reachable to DNS Server.?

Bobby

f

Hi Bobby,

Absolutely.. you need to setup your forward and reverse lookups on your DNS server

Once that is done, you need to test with ssh on the pub

run the foll

utils network host   you should see local and external resolution resolving correctly repeat the process for sub.

once that is in place perform

utils dbreplication stop on sub

utils dbreplication stop on pub

utils dbreplication reset all from pub.

Hope tis helps

Niket

Well, it should work even without DNS as it uses local host files.  For me typcially the ultimate solution is this procedure, just did it the other day for same scenario you are describing where servers were not in DNS either:

1. utils dbreplication dropadmindb - Issued on SubscriberB to  restart the syscdr on that node.
  2. utils dbreplication stop - Issued on SubscriberB
  3. utils dbreplication reset subscriberB - TO once again try to reestablish the connection after fixing the corrupted syscdr.

HTH,

Chris

Just to add here, you need to be patient as well as this may take some time.

Chris

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Well there is a reason ,when you populate dns your .rhosts files are setup with fqdn not the hostname, now when dbrepln setup request comes in it will look.for the entry of.the .rhosts and then resolve it.locally which wouldn't work and when it looks at external resolution if yoy dont have dns correctly it would fail therwby breaking dbrepln.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Thanks nikshah and chris,

It was the DNS issue, Replication shows "good".

Tnx

Bobby

Harmit Singh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello all,

Please take a look at the blog and video I posted on dbreplication runtimestate:

Blog url: https://supportforums.cisco.com/community/netpro/collaboration-voice-video/ip-telephony/blog/2012/10/26/understanding-cucm-dbreplication-runtimestate

Please feel free to provide your feedback and any additional questions you may have on this topic.

Thanks,

Harmit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: