Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 6.1.3 Upgrade

rchaseling
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Quick questions about upgrading Business Edition (I've never been near one before)

Need to get customer from 6.1.3 to 8.5.

1) Firstly is two seperate upgrade processes required for CUCM & CUC? Or is it just the one that upgrades both?

2) Do I need seperate upgrade PAKs for CUCM & CUC?

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Afaik its one step process to upgrade both yr cucm and cuc would be upgraded to the version mentioned in the file for e.g 8.5.1.ES15 for cuc would translate to 8.5.1.12012 as a release es for cucm.

I, think you would need to order licenses for cucm and unity separately. Open a case with licensing team and get licenses rehosted for cucm and cuc as without the sw feature license yr ccm service wouldn't start

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

View solution in original post

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure about the PAK, I believe it should be just one.

But you upgrade both apps at the same time.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

nikshah
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Afaik its one step process to upgrade both yr cucm and cuc would be upgraded to the version mentioned in the file for e.g 8.5.1.ES15 for cuc would translate to 8.5.1.12012 as a release es for cucm.

I, think you would need to order licenses for cucm and unity separately. Open a case with licensing team and get licenses rehosted for cucm and cuc as without the sw feature license yr ccm service wouldn't start

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure about the PAK, I believe it should be just one.

But you upgrade both apps at the same time.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks guys. Appreciate it

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: