cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 6.1 System wide speed dials

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to find how to setup some system wide speed dials for CUCMBE 6.1.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

gary.simpson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you thought about using translation patterns? I use this alot for customers and they all see to like it.

I normally start with *001 which should give more than enough speed dials. You can also bulk import them using BAT which is nice.

Hope this helps.

Gary.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

anandecoumare
Level 1
Level 1

Speed dials and Fast dials are device and user specific respectively.

Is there a way with BAT or something etc. to add the same speed dials to all the phones then?

gary.simpson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Have you thought about using translation patterns? I use this alot for customers and they all see to like it.

I normally start with *001 which should give more than enough speed dials. You can also bulk import them using BAT which is nice.

Hope this helps.

Gary.

How do you BAT xlates? Is this something special to CUCMBE?

Jason

Hi jason,

You can certainly add speed-dials through the BAT XLT Phones template, or specifically on the device template. There are two aspects to be aware of:-

First, you will have to associate the speed-dials with the device template when the phone is first imported. It is not possible to update them after the phone is added.

Second, you will have to added the speed-dials to each different device template type.

So if you are only importing 7941s for example then you will only need to add them to the one template. If you have different device types, including UDPs then you will have duplicate them across these also.

The simplest option is to create individual device templates, and create your speed-dials within the Phones XLT spreadsheet.

According to the CUCMBE BAT guide these are the device that can be added:-

You can use BAT to work with the following types of devices and records:

•Add, update, and delete Cisco Unified IP Phones including voice gateway (VGC) phones, computer telephony interface (CTI) ports, and H.323 clients

•Add, update, and delete users

•Add, update, and delete User Device Profiles

•Add, update, and delete Cisco Unified Communications Manager Assistant managers and assistants

•Add, update, and delete ports on a Cisco Catalyst 6000 FXS Analog Interface Module

•Add or delete Cisco VG200 and Cisco VG224 analog gateways and ports

•Add or delete Forced Authorization Codes

•Add or delete Client Matter Codes

•Add or delete Call Pickup Groups

•Update or export CUP/CUPC users

•Populate or depopulate the Region Matrix

•Insert, delete, or export the Access List

•Export or import configuration

•Insert, delete, or export Remote Destination and Remote Destination Profile

Taken from the CUCMBE BAT Guide:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmbe/admin/6_1_1/ccmcfg/b10bat.html

You can use the Import/Export menu in Cisco Unified Communications Manager Bulk Administration Tool (BAT) to export or import parts of the Cisco Unified Communications Manager database to another server, or to the same server with modifications. This reduces the configuration time that is required by importing a preconfigured database to the installed Cisco Unified Communications Manager server.

These are the options that can be exported, including Translations, taken from this doc:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/bat/6_0_1/t13cnftl.html

•CallManager

•CallManager Group

•Phone NTP Reference

•Date/Time Group

•Region

•Device Pool

•Device Mobility group

•Physical Location

•SRST

•Enterprise Parameter

•Service Parameter

•Security Profile (Phone & SIP Trunk)

•Server

•AAR Group

•Application Dial Rules

•Route Filter

•Time Period (Class of Control)

•Time Schedule (Class of Control)

•Partitions (Class of Control)

•CSS (Class of Control)

•Translation Pattern

•Annunciator

•Conference Bridge

•Media Resource Group

•Media Resource Group List

•Media Termination Point

•Transcoder

I have not tried this, but it does stipulate that you can use the exported information to make modifications, however I don't think this is applicable to new records.

Hope this helps.

Allan

Pls rate helpful posts.

Interesting....I have never used the import/export feature of BAT. I did, however, find a way to import xlates through the AXL interface of CallManager.

Thanks for the help.

Jason

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: