cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE removing Attendant console

David Schau
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that wants to remove their Cisco Unified Business Attendant Admin and go to a 7962 with an expansion module.  The receptionist positions at the two locations thier workflow doesn't work very well with the console.  What we are thinking to setup is moving from the consoles and having the two main numbers go to a hunt group or something so if they walk away the main number can roll to other users to answer the calls. 

This is a bit new to me so I'm trying to understand what needs to change to make this happen.  The scenario would be to have the main number ring the receptionist and if not answered in 4 rings roll to and alternate phone, then another, then a final phone if not answered previously.  What I am having a hard time figuring out is how to change from the CTI route to a a way this could happen.  I'm thinking a hunt group or something?  Could I have this then roll to an alternate DN then another, etc? 

Not sure what all needs to be removed and changed in the configuration to make this all happen without a major outage during the transition.  I'm open to any suggestions for research and reading to help me understand how to proceed.  Seems like it shouldn't be impossible but I feel there are alot of details I need to consider and want to be prepared as best as I can.

Anyone have encountered this situation and have a solution?  Two sites need this change.

CUCMBE

7.1.3.20000-2

Cisco Unified Business Attendant Admin

1 Reply 1

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can do this with a Line Group using the Top Down distribution algorithm. Add the directory numbers that you want to participate in this hunt group - in the order you want them to ring - and set the RNA Timeout to the length of time you want each phone to ring. You then assign the Line Group to a Hunt List. Finally, you assign one or more Hunt Pilots to the hunt list and call it. I suggest assigning a currently unused directory number as your Hunt Pilot first to test out the feature. Once you are comfortable with it, delete the directory number on your CTI Route Point and create the hunt pilot instead. Your outage window should be a few minutes at worst.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Administration Guide, Release 8.0(2)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: