cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE, VG224 port and UnityConnection account

mciarfello
Level 4
Level 4

Anyone know how to make a voicemail user for the above? The device association on the end-user page won't find VG224 ports therefore the user in the Unity Connection import isn't there.

Seems like in the directory number page, I can Create Unity user from the pulldown. This creates a disassociated user in Unity Connection, which means it doesn't sync with CUCMBE.

Is this the correct way?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Michael,

We need to have an user on CCM with a device associated and a primary extension for Unity to import/create the subscriber. You won't be able to do this association if the VG is configured for MGCP (which I think is your case). The MGCP port cannot be associated with an end user.

The solution for this issuw will be to configure the VG224 as SCCP analog ports instead of MGCP analog ports ports according to the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html

I have this setup on my lab and I can associate the end user with the SCCP analog ports on the VG and assign the primary extension to the end user and create the mailbox in unity connection.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

espereir
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Michael,

We need to have an user on CCM with a device associated and a primary extension for Unity to import/create the subscriber. You won't be able to do this association if the VG is configured for MGCP (which I think is your case). The MGCP port cannot be associated with an end user.

The solution for this issuw will be to configure the VG224 as SCCP analog ports instead of MGCP analog ports ports according to the following document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6441/products_feature_guide09186a0080483a76.html

I have this setup on my lab and I can associate the end user with the SCCP analog ports on the VG and assign the primary extension to the end user and create the mailbox in unity connection.

Hope this helps!

Thanks, that helped a lot.

I already configured two VG224's worth of ports for MGCP, so I'll just keep it that way. Only a small number of analog phones needed VM.

Is there a document describing the differences between SCCP and MGCP features / functionality for VG224?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Michael,

Just to add a note to the great info from my friend Esteban (thanks Esteban)

Check out Table 1 from this VG224 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/gatecont/ps2250/products_data_sheet09186a00801d87f6.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

That does it. Thanks

Rob, thanks for your reply; and Michael, on that table you will find the features supported on the VG with different protocols. Please notice that conferencing is only supported with the SCCP protocol. If it is configured as MGCP, the analog port can join a conference but not initiate one.

Have a nice day guys!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: