Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCME B-ACD MoH instead of Ringback

sebastianwagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we have a simple setup with b-acd and a single call queue in drop through mode.

I'm just wondering if there's an option to modify the behaviour of the script to never present a ringback tone to a customer calling the queue.

i.e. play moh even when agents are available. That's the standard method of some competitors in smb market so customers are asking for it.

I went through the script and the only way seems to modify the script since normal behaviour is to place a caller in the queue only when agents are not available. Modifying the second-greeting-timer does not help here.

I've searched through the discussions and there's some misunderstanding how B-ACD is used.

Here's the simplified setup we are running in our lab for testing:

application
service aa flash:/app-b-acd-aa-3.0.0.2.tcl
  paramspace english index 0
  param number-of-hunt-grps 1
  param drop-through-option 1
  param handoff-string aa
  paramspace english language en
  param aa-pilot 2000
  paramspace english location flash:
  param drop-through-prompt _bacd_welcome.au
  param max-time-call-retry 600
  param voice-mail 2999
  param service-name queue

service queue flash:/app-b-acd-3.0.0.2.tcl
  param queue-len 10
  param aa-hunt1 2001
  param queue-manager-debugs 1
  param number-of-hunt-grps 1

dial-peer voice 1 voip
service aa
destination-pattern 2000
session target ipv4:192.168.16.2
incoming called-number 2000
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric
codec g711ulaw
no vad

ephone-hunt 1 sequential
pilot 2001
list 1001, 1002
timeout 10, 10
statistics collect
callqueue display periodic

Thanks

Sebastian

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I don't think there is any way to do that, because when the script gives the call to the ephone-hunt, and an agent is available, ringback is heard.

And, at script level there is no way to know in advance if there are agents available in the ephone-hunt, beside presenting the call to it.

I often dial to call centers of various types, and my expereince is that is normal to hear one or two ringbacks after MOH and before agent answers. That actually let me know that my call is about to be serviced, switch back to headset from handsfree, etc.

Anyway, if you want to have a custom analysis to see if it is possible to do such a modification on the top of the many I did already, please contact me privately.

sebastianwagner
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Paolo,

I'm thinking of modifying the script to send a call directly into the state of "all agents busy" (and therefore into the queue), wait for a few seconds and try to reach the agents while playing moh.

The reasons behind this seem to be somewhat telephony-culture differences between the US and Germany.

Our customers are trying to circumvent the fact that agents are not reliably logging out and let the calling party never know...

People seem to like hearing moh for hours here but not ringback with no one answering.

Sebastian

Right now, I don't know if your idea could work or not.

But as you pointed out, it's more a matter of efficiency in the workplace.

Maybe auto-logout under ephone-hunt could help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: