Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUCME Help

Is ther a way to forward unused DN in CUCME to say an announcement?

7 REPLIES

CUCME Help

Are you asking if CUCME, has the annoucement functionality?

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

CUCME Help

No, just if there is a way to forward unused DN's to a announcement only mailbox in CUE.

The only way I see it is to create an ephone-dn for every unused DN and then call forward all to another DN configured with a announcement only mailbox.

Is there a better way?

CUCME Help

You can create a number expansion that points to the CUE announcement number. Example below

num-exp /^70../ /1000/

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

CUCME Help

Will this work as a final "catch all?"

Let's say I have some numbers in the 70.. range that are being used with specific ephone-dn's. Will they still apply as the more specific pattern and then this num-exp will apply to the the rest, or will this supercede and take over even the valid ephone-dn's?

Does that make sense?

CUCME Help

I'm pretty sure it will supercede. The pattern needs to only match the un-used DNs.

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

CUCME Help

I think it will too, I may have to enter individual unused DN's and forward them to the announcement, I am afraid. Thanks for the assist, Yosh!

CUCME Help

You're welcome Sanjay, below is a link for more information on number expansion.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/dialpeer/configuration/12-4t/vd-12-4t-book.pdf

HTH

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content