Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

CUE 7.0 vs license

Hi all, I have a CME 7.0 installed on a 3825 router with an CUE 7.0 NME. My customer had purchased 70 mailbox but the CUE only says that I can only install 17. I read on the installation manual that license are loaded on factory and I did not see any license to install.

Is there any license to install or the factory guys had mistaken and did not loaded the number of mailboxes purchased?

Another question, in case of hw failure and if I need to replace the NME module how do I load the licenses or they are on the CME?

Please, can you help?

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos

2 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Red

Re: CUE 7.0 vs license

Hi Jose Carlos,

You are most correct here I'm pretty sure that you will be directed to download the proper license

as shown in the attached doc. I am curious about the number "70" as I don't think that is a valid

increment (25,50 or 100) seem more likely, but......

Note When you order Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Express software and the purchased license are installed on the module at the factory. Spare modules also ship with the software and license installed.Note When you order Cisco Unity Express, Cisco Unity Express software and the purchased license are installed on the module at the factory. Spare modules also ship with the software and license installed.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel7_0/install/upglic.html

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about these type of things. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We recently aquired a NME-CUE that was purchased with 70 Mailboxes it was shipped with only 17 licenses. Can you please let us know how to acquire the remaining licenses that were on the original purchase;

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address

City,Country

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email your response to:

jcarlos@mart.ca

The answer to your second enquiry is in this link;

Cisco IOS Software Activation Conceptual Overview

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/csa/configuration/guide/csa_overview_ps6441_TSD_Products_Configuration_Guide_Chapter.html

Hope this helps!
Rob

Community Member

Re: CUE 7.0 vs license

Hi Rob, I found my mistake. The problem that the CME and CUE came with rls 4 and since the customer has smartnet I upgrade to rls 7.0.3 and I never thought that the licenses did not upgrade, also. I read some manuals and already download a license to 100 users to rls 7.0.3 and I'm going to install on the customer.

I suppose everything is right, because the customer has smartnet.

I'm I making something illegal?

Hope not?

Best Regards,

Jose Carlos

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content