Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE 8.6.1 installation problem

huangyu731
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I've installed an ISM on the 2911 router, and try to install the application on the ISM, and got the following error (10.255.83.111 is my PC and runs as an FTP server).

cfd-westney-cme#service-module ism0/0 install url ftp://cisco:cisco@10.255.83.111/CiscoFile/cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.1.pkg

Proceed with installation? [no]: yes

%Error: Couldn't open ftp://*****:*****@10.255.83.111/CiscoFile/cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.1.pkg.install.sre

Execution of script cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.1.pkg.install.sre failed, installation aborted

On the FTP server the log said this file can not be found, but I am see the file on the FTP directory, and from the router itself I can transfer the files from the FTP server to the router flash.

Can someone please shed some lights on?

Thanks,

David

7 Replies 7

Chuan Liu
Level 1
Level 1

Can you trying specifying the 'script' keyword in the install command?

service-module ism0/0 install url ftp://cisco:cisco@10.255.83.111/CiscoFile/cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.1.pkg script cue-vm-k9.SPA.sme.8.6.1.pkg.install.sre

I try that and still got the same error.

oliverpowell
Level 1
Level 1

Any update on this?

I'm having exactly the same issue with my installation on the ISM-SRE-300 module.

Cheers

Oli

Can you reach FTp server from router? Are all files present ?

phamvinhdat
Level 3
Level 3

You may need to download the language package file also, and check if Service Engine card is compatible with CME version or not

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/compatibility/cuecomp.htm

Dat

huangyu731
Level 1
Level 1

I setup a local FTP server and download all the necessary files on it, then I could download/ install the application on the CUE without any problem. Of course, a language package is required for the installation.

lawrenceliu1980
Level 1
Level 1
Usually, it caused by ftp connention. Make sure you can download file from your ftp server to the cme or cue. If your ftp server is set up on windows server, try to turn your windows server's firewall off.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: