Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Super Bronze

CUE AA - Switch via Telephone

Hi

Does anyone know of a way by which I can either:

1) Build an AA script on CUE that will allow someone to dial in and enter a particular keypad sequence, which would then switch the AA between two different greetings and sets of options? i.e. a night service option set which doesn't transfer to a phone and notifies the customer that a site is closed?

2) Construct the two AA's seperately, and somehow manage via telephone which AA is currently active.

I'm currently doing this via the time of day/day of week steps but our customer would like an override.

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: CUE AA - Switch via Telephone

Currently neither of those is possible. The only thing that CUE that can be "saved" for a future session is the Emergency Alternate Greeting. However, there is no custom step to check if they are actually there. You can play the prompts and if one generates an error you can respond to that with one AA versus the other, but otherwise, there's no simple on/off switch possible via the phone. I.e. each time the company wants to manually turn on the off-hours AA, they could call in and record a welcome prompt (e.g. 'welcome to abc corp'). When a caller dials in, the prompt is there (no error in playing) and it would then continue with the off-hours script. If they call in and remove that prompt (i.e. disable the EAG), then when a caller dials in the error generated by playing a non-existent prompt would be handled by starting the regular-hours script (which could also start off with a welcome greeting, but one that already exists on the system).

Hopefully that makes some sense. It's far from perfect, but it's all we can do right now, I'm afraid.

Super Bronze

Yeah - that kind of makes sense and is actually more than I thought would be possible!

Is there any plan to extend the capabilities of CME to include more stateful scripting type stuff?

I suppose the other method would be to have a line on a handset that takes the pilot number then does a CFWdall to one or the other AAs as determined by the staff...

Thanks

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Cisco Employee

Let's say you have two AA triggers in CUE, 1000 (regular hours) and 1001 (off hours). During regular business hours, you have a line that is call-forwarded all to 1000. When they leave, they just un-callforward all. The line should have a call-forward no-answer/busy to go to 1001 (after whatever the lowest amount of time is; like a second).

That would allow you to simply callforward all on/off to go to an AA. Maybe there's even something like that using the do-not-disturb button or something.

I'm not as familiar with CME... I'd have to play with it.

I did something similar to this recently with CUE.

Receptionist phone (with office's main number on line 1) can be manually call forwarded to the custom AA script when they shut for the night, thus providing the user-controlled switch that you want.

The script uses DoW/ToD so that after hours it does the business and takes VM messages etc. If the call is during hours the script forwards the call to the reeptionist's second line where it can be made to ring-out or hunt.

/Chris

Views
Helpful
Replies