cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE - AutoAttendant - AA script options

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

I have a client who would like to have the AutoAttendant in CUE transfer callers by pushing 1-4 and assigning each choice to a cell phone during holiday times but during regular hours transfer them to extensions.

Is this possible in CUE (version listed below)

Router# show software versions

Installed Packages:

- Installer 2.3.2

- Thirdparty 2.3.2

- Bootloader (Primary) 2.1.2

- Infrastructure 2.3.3

- Global 2.3.2

- Service Engine license 1.20 2.1.2

- Auto Attendant 2.3.0

- Voice Mail 2.3.3

- Bootloader (Secondary) 2.1.2

- Core 2.3.0

- GPL Infrastructure 2.3.0

Installed Languages:

- English language pack 2.3.0

Router#

Router# show software package

Installed Packages:

- Installer (Installer application)

- Thirdparty (Service Engine Thirdparty Code)

- Bootloader (Primary) (Service Engine Bootloader)

- Infrastructure (Service Engine Infrastructure)

- Global (Global manifest)

- Service Engine license 1.20 (License for the Service Engine)

- Auto Attendant (Service Engine Telephony Infrastructure)

- Voice Mail (Voicemail application)

- Bootloader (Secondary) (Service Engine Bootloader)

- Core (Service Engine OS Core)

- GPL Infrastructure (Service Engine GPL Infrastructure)

Installed Languages:

- English language pack (English language pack)

thanks

5 Replies 5

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

It is possible to write such a custom script, (to verify the call redirection to an external number). Although CUE 2.3 has such capability:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008067a1c3.html

I would recommend upgrade to 3.1 that has more features, and an "express script" assistant.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thank you.

If I can get the script written in 2.3 (the SOW is not allowing for upgrades) Can the script be told to look at the CUE holiday calendar or would those dates need to be programed into the script? I would rather look at the Holiday schedule, then the user can adjust the schedule each year and not change the script.

Hi, CUE can have as many schedules you want, and scripts can use any of them.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Is this true for all versions? I know the earlier script editing had limits that future versions could allow. I know some script versions allowed you to script things that were not supported in CUE versions.

Considering my limitation of "no upgrades", can 2.3 use a Holiday schedule? i don't see how to tell the script to go look at a schedule, mostly because I don't know what the schedule file is called.

I don't want to enable or disable the script according to a schedule, I want the same script to give one option on regular days but different options on holidays.

Hi,

honestly I haven't looked at the features in the old 2.3, I know that multiple schedules are supported in 2.4 at least.

You refer to schedules by name, I think you need to familiarize yourself a little with the CUE script programming to understand what that does mean.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: