Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Mailbox Selection

dhccoid.com
Level 1
Level 1

Platform CME/CUE

I know that by default CUE will direct a call to a mailbox based on the Last Redirected number but can someone explain to me how the following will work.

Call into Phone A --> fona to vm --> caller hits zero and is redirected to phone b --> fona to vm.

Should the caller end up in Phone A's mailbox or Phone B's?

I need the caller to end up back in Phone A's mailbox.

I have tried using the command "voicemail mailbox-selection original-called" in cue and also "mailbox-selection orig-called-num" under the voicemail pilot dial peer on CME. But the caller always ends up in Phone B's vm.

Any advice on this will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Felipe Garrido
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the call is being sent from CUE VM back to an IP Phone, phoneB, then that would be a transfer and not a forward.  Also, I'm not sure if the original called party would be sent along with the transferred call.

Why not just setup phoneB's extension for phoneA's voice mailbox? Or, if that's not possible, use translation rules to modify the redirected party number to that of phoneA's.

-Felipe

Hi Felipe

Thanks for the response, both PhoneA & PhoneB have their own vm so I don't believe it will be possble to setup phoneB's extension for phoneA's voice mailbox, as PhoneB will not get it's own messages.

Again if I use translation rules then PhoneB will no longer get it's own messages, unless I am missing something.

Thanks

Yea, it can still be done but will require some additional configuration and use of translation rules/profiles. is this type of call flow only for PhoneA or do you want this to be done for all phones that experience the same call flow?

-Felipe

I have 5 users out of 25 who announce an option to Zero out to speak to a colleague, obviously if the colleague does not answer I need the call to go back to the original mailbox. How do you suggest I do this.

Thanks

Felipe

Do you have any futher thoughts on this?