Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE unable to access FTP server

Marcel Belisle
Level 1
Level 1

Good Day,

I have a AIM_CUE installed in a Cisco 3825 router. I am attempting to upload my voicemail license to the CUE but am unable to connect to the FTP server. When ever i am logged into the CUE and i cannot access the FTP server. Can someone please assist.

CME - 192.168.0.115

CUE - 172.17.1.8

FTP Server - 192.168.0.14

this is the configuration I have:

interface Service-Engine0/0

ip unnumbered GigabitEthernet0/1.2

service-module ip address 172.17.1.8 255.255.255.0

service-module ip default-gateway 172.17.1.1

interface GigabitEthernet0/1.2

description IP Phone Network

encapsulation dot1Q 10

ip address 172.17.1.1 255.255.255.0

ip nat inside

ip virtual-reassembly in

ip policy route-map Vonage

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip h323-id CME

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 172.17.1.1

ip route 172.17.1.8 255.255.255.255 Service-Engine0/0

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You need to setup routing to the voice vlan, normally done in the itnerent router.

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Check routing on FTP server and its default gateway.

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

1- Make sure that is pingable from your CME and your CUE.

2-Check from username and your password for ftp.

3-You have to use the following to upgrade

Route# service-module service-engine 0/0 session

CUE#

CUE# software install clean url ftp://192.168.0.14/yourlicense.pkg  user admin password ciscocisco

CUE# reload

Thank you

please rate all useful infromation

Hey

I able to ping from the CME to the CUE.

i have tested the FTP server from another PC on the local network (192.168.0.0/24) and it works fine.

When I run that command it tells me that the CUE is unable to connect to the FTP server.

You need to be able to ping from FTP server to CUE for this to work.

Check what I've indicated above.

I am unable to ping the CUE from the FTP server. Paolo can you please assist me in setting up the necessary routes in order for the FTP server to be able to ping the CUE. Sorry but am bit new at this.

Hi

This is a routing problem as Mr/Paolo mentioned, If all configuration are ok.Try to use other FTP server.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

The route is listed above is the only i have there, which other route do i need.

You need to setup routing to the voice vlan, normally done in the itnerent router.

I was able to setup intervlan routing, which allowed my CUE to see my FTP server. Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Hi

From FTP server can you ping CME IP address  192.168.0.115 ?.

Thanks

Please rate all useful  infromation

Yes I can ping 192.168.0.115 from the FTP server. But i cannot ping 172.17.1.8 from the FTP server.

What's your FTP server? A windows machine?

You can try to add a "route add" on the PC, something like:

route add 172.17.1.8 mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.0.14

Otherwise, you'll have to check your routing from the FTP back to the CME/CUE box.

HTH

--
Jorge Armijo

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

-- Jorge Armijo Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Marcel

If you are able to ping CME IP address , so i suggest to change the IP address of your CUE to be on the same range of your CME , so it will be pingable and reachable for FTP.You have to change (IP unnumbered , ip address of your CUE & static route).This will avoid you from the routiing issues.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

Hi Marcel.

Please post the output of a ping 172.17.1.1 and a traceroute 172.17.1.8 both from ftp server

Thanks

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts

"The more you help the more you learn"

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: