cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC/CIPC one way audio problem over VPN

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

weirdest thing...I have a user who works just fine on the LAN but when she gets on VPN she has problems with softphone conversations. She can call and recieve calls and the audio stream is good for about 2 seconds, then one side drops and she can hear the other party but they cannot hear her.

I have tried every version of CIPC, same result. Just moved her over to CUPC and its the same thing, call sounds fine for 2-5 seconds then her tx drops out.

it works fine for every other VPN users, so I have to believe its something on her laptop. Has anyone seen any software or drivers cause this sort of problem?

2 Replies 2

scott.hammond
Level 1
Level 1

No firewalls running on the laptop.

SOmebody in the office just suggested that the call setup might pass a firewall but the media stream after set up would be a different port and possibly blocked..

I have similar problem with CUPC user, except that user who is establishing vpn to CUCM do not hear any audio from other party at all! He has this issue only when he vpn, while he can work normally via  LAN connection.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: