Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

CUPC is not working on deskphone mode while connected through wireless.

Hi

Cisco Presence CUPC clients are not able to use deskphone more while connecting through wireless.

Is it mandatory, users PC/Laptop has to be connnected to backside of Phone port, inorder to use deskphone mode on CUPC ?

When we  enabling and disabling “use my deskphone for audio” CUPC takes long time to take effect (20-30 minutes) and during these period user cant use CUPC. It looks like freezed and similar to not responding state.

If user connected to backside of phone, we dont face this problem. Becoz of this problem, wireless users are not able to use CUPC properly.

We are using CUPS version 8.6.2-10000-44 CUCM 8.6 and CUPC version 8.5-5

Here I have attached wireshark output for analysis.

Rgds

Rajesh

• IP Telephony
Everyone's tags (1)
4 REPLIES

CUPC is not working on deskphone mode while connected through wi

Hi Rajesh,

Check for the Audio device here.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/8_5/english/release/notes/cupc85.html

Tested Audio Devices

The following Plantronics audio devices have been tested and work with Cisco Unified Personal Communicator:

The Blackwire USB wired Headset family

The Savi Office Dect Wireless Headset System family

The Vpro UC Bluetooth headset system with Bluetooth Dongle family

The CS 50/60 USB Wireless Headset System family

The DA 45 USB adapter family for use with Plantronics H-Top headsets

The Calisto USB Handset/Speakerphone family

Thanks,

Anand

Dear Anand

We dont want to use PC or other audio device. We want to use cisco phone as audio device.

You are not getting the isse.

--------

When we  enabling “use my deskphone for audio” CUPC  takes long time to take effect (20-30 minutes) and during these period  user cant use CUPC. It looks like freezed and similar to not responding  state.

If user connected to backside of phone, we dont face this  problem. Becoz of this problem, wireless users are not able to use CUPC  properly.

--------

Rgds

Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

I know you are talking about CUPC slowness when it connects through wireless network.

I found the below similar issue but with the chat session, may be give a try on one laptop and see if this helps.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cupc/8_5/english/release/notes/cupc85.html#wp185268

On some laptop computers, after you connect to a  wireless network, then start a chat with a contact, CPU usage by the  cupc.exe process might increase significantly.

To resolve this problem, install the latest display drivers for your  laptop computer. If your computer is a Lenovo ThinkPad R400, T400, T500,  or W500, install the drivers at the following URL:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/MIGR-70366.html

Thanks,

Anand

Dear Anand

There no IBM laptop.

Problem is different than the one you understood.

Problem we face during enabling “use my deskphone for audio” on CUPC, not chat.

When we  enabling “use my deskphone for audio” CUPC  takes long time  to take effect (20-30 minutes) and during these period  user cant use  CUPC. It looks like freezed and similar to not responding  state.

If  user connected to backside of phone, we dont face this  problem. Becoz  of this problem, wireless users are not able to use CUPC  properly.

Rgds

Rajesh Kumar

Views
Helpful
Replies