cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC listing users

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

In CUPC, is there any way to populate the general group with all the users in the directory ? or end users have to search individual users from directory and add them manually?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus
3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I dont think there is a way to do this. Because it's a customized "buddy list" What you could do, not sure if it will work, but build one CUPC client, then use BAT and export it. Then copy and paste the output (if any for the buddy list) to another CUPC client.

Good question though

FYI - I tried exporting a user and it did not contain their contacts....

Hi All

I've just had a little play around with this...

The contacts seem to be stored in a table called 'epascontacts', and these reference the owner user in the endusers table (via pkid) and the users list of contact groups in the epascontactgroup table (again via PKID).

It appears you can insert contacts to a user with a query like so (replacing john.doe with the 'owning' user ID, and jane.doe with the useridof the contact you want them to have):

run sql insert into epascontacts (fkenduser_owner,fkepascontactgroup,buddy) values ((select pkid from enduser where userid='john.doe'),(select  pkid from epascontactgroup where fkenduser = (select pkid from enduser where userid ='john.doe') and index = '0' ),'jane.doe')

As each user can have more than one contact group, and may have renamed the 'General' one, it just sticks the contact in the 0 index contact group. For new users, this should be fine..

So if you are feeling reckless, and dismayed by the lack of a documented AXL API... you could just batch up a load of such statements generated in Excel or whatever means you have... and fire them in using the AXLSQLToolkit.

Bear in mind my 10 minutes testing this doesn't mean you should use it on a production system...

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: