cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS Server capacity

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

I've been scouring the CUPS documents to try to find the maximum number of users supported per server. But I've failed to find a simple table that says server type X supports Y users. (I understand that there are differences between the deployment method: i.e. full CUCM integration or just IM)

There is information about capacity in both the Deployment Guide and the SRND, but I can't see the wood for the tress.

Thanks,

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.
1 Reply 1

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Ross,

Please have a look into Docwiki if it helps

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Virtualization_for_Unified_CM_IM_and_Presence#Notes_on_1000_user_VM_configuration

Number of “Jabber for Everyone” users = (Number of full UC users/Maximum number of full UC users) x

Maximum number of “Jabber for Everyone” users

For example, if you have 10,000 full UC users on a server that supports a maximum of 15,000 users, then

you are operating at 2/3 of the scale for UC, which means that 1/3 is available for “Jabber for Everyone” users.

The IM and Presence Service supports 25,000 users for IM-only mode, therefore, you can add 8,333 users

(25,000 x 1/3) through “Jabber for Everyone”. This amounts to a total of 18,333 users.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/9x/presence.html

this is table 23.4 for above link

Cisco IM and Presence Service Platforms and Number of Users Supported 

Server Platform

Users Supported Per Platform in Full Unified Communications Mode

Users Supported Per Platform in Instant Messaging Only Mode

Cisco MCS 7816

Cisco MCS 7825

Cisco MCS 7835 or OVA equivalent

Cisco MCS 7845 or OVA equivalent

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: