cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Backgrounds 7975

martynch1
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying and failing to create custom backgrounds for my 7975 phone, I'm running unfied 6.1 and followed the these steps but I'm still unable to get my custom background to my phone.

http://atc.go0se.com/?p=330

When I select from my 7975 phone Settings>User Preferences>Background Images I see the default image for the IP Phone however at the bottom of the screen I have "Selections Unavailable"

Here is my List.xml

<CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

<ImageItem Image="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/ncc80px.png" URL="TFTP:Desktops/320x212x16/ncc320px.png"/>

</CiscoIPPhoneImageList>

From CUCM CLI id I issue "file list tftp Desktops/320x212x16"

List.xml                                ncc320px.png
ncc80px.png                            
dir count = 0, file count = 3

I have resatred the TFTP service but I still do not see the background listed, can anybody advise please

Thanks

Chet

6 Replies 6

CleverDrake
Level 1
Level 1

Can you verify that the file exists on the TFTP server that the phones are registered with.  This happens a lot if you are using a two server deployment (Pub / Sub).  Make sure that it is on both servers, and if you are restarting the TFTP service, that you are restarting it on the primary TFTP server that your phones are using.

yes tftp get will pull the images across for me

Cheers

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Chet,

You will need to create the proper images (note the size difference) for the 7975

/Desktops/320x216x16

Creating Custom Background Images

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7975g/6_1/english/administration/guide/7975cst.html#wp1088046

Cheers!

Rob

cheers for the heads up, I changed the image size and uploaded to the /Desktops/320x216x16 dir but still no joy, I notice from the link you sent me: -

If you are manually creating the directory  structure and the List.xml file, you must ensure that the directories  and files can be accessed by the user\CCMService, which is used by the  TFTP service.

I have not done the above, do you know if this step has to be done and if so how is it carried out?

Thanks both for your replies and suggestions

Chet

Hi Chet,

I am assuming that after uploading your newly formatted files, you edited the List.xml file to point to the Desktops/320x216x16 directory for both files and uploaded the List.xml file to that directory as well.

If all of this has been verified, then the only other thing I can think of to check is the actual content of the List.xml file on the TFTP server. I recently struggled with a similar issue for the 7965 IP phone. Everything looked like it should, but it still didn't work. I came across a tidbit in one of these forums that fixed my issue.

I had done a cut and paste from one of the Cisco docs to create the List.xml file. Unfortunately, the quotation marks in that Cisco doc are a different character than what is expected and does not parse properly. To verify that the right quotation mark character was used, go to your CUCM CLI and enter the following command: file view tftp /Desktops/320x216x16/List.xml and make sure the quotation marks don't show up as garbage but that they show up as quotation marks. Once I changed my file to have the proper quotations marks, this fixed my problem.

Hope this helps,

Berni

Jason Wiatr
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Chet,

Here is the process that I use.

---------Phone Background 797x 796x----------

1. Create two .PNG files one thumb-nail (80 pixels (width) X 53 pixels (height).) one full size (320 pixels (width) X 212 pixels (height))

****7965 would be 320x212x16****

****7970 would be 320x212x12****

****7971 would be 320x212x12****

****7975 would be 320x216x16****

2. Create a "List.xml" file thumb-nail first and full size second **everything in the List.xml is case sensitive**

****7965 would be 320x212x16****

****7970 would be 320x212x12****

****7971 would be 320x212x12****

****7975 would be 320x216x16****

3. upload pictures and List.xml file (OS Administration --> Software Upgrades --> Upload TFTP Server File) make sure to create the subdirectory Desktops/320x212x16

If you have multiple phone types create multiple List.xml files and put them in their respective Desktops/320x212s16 sub directories

4. Restart TFTP service (CallManager Serviceability --> Tools --> Control Center - Feature Services)

5. Reset phone.

6. When phone resets push Applications button --> Settings --> User Preferences --> Background Images --> select the image you uploaded

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: