cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Custom Corporate Directory - CUCM 8.6

CSCO12060329
Level 1
Level 1

I have recently started working with a new customer and one of my tasks is to make some changes to their corporate directory. The only problem is this directory is unlike one I have ever seen. For example, there is an employee directory and an alternate staff directory. If the employee directory is pressed there is a Department soft key that allows the user to view employees by department. If the staff directory is selected there is a softkey for 'Staff on Call' that queries a database and returns a list of the staff members currently available along with their numbers.

I have been tasked with pointing the staff directory 'Staff on Call' softkey to a different database, but the problem is I do not understand how this was even implemented in the first place. For example, the 'URL Directories' field in the Enterprise Parameters points to http://x.x.x.x:8080/ccmcip/xmldirectory.jsp (where x.x.x.x is the IP of the CUCM Pub), which I understand is normal procedure. Also, CUCM is integrated with LDAP.

It was suggested to me that there may be a script in UCCX that is allowing this functionality, but I have not been able to find one. Any help on this issue would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Have a look at Device > Device Settings > Phone Services and see if there are any with a Service Sype of Directories.

If there are look at URL it is pointing to. It is probably going to be an ASP or PHP page.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That does sound like a custom corporate directory, but it cannot be hosted in CUCM, it should be in a separate web server, do any of the URLs from the server point to another server??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Is there another place you know of to look beside the 'URL Directory' on the Enterprise Parameters page? I took a look on individual phones, but there is no reference there.

Have a look at Device > Device Settings > Phone Services and see if there are any with a Service Sype of Directories.

If there are look at URL it is pointing to. It is probably going to be an ASP or PHP page.

Thank you James! It was on the Phone Services page. The thought had crossed my mind, but I had dismissed it because I did not know that this was a possibility.

islam.kamal
Level 10
Level 10

Hi

URL Directory path only of the Enterprise parameters page.Please find the below link which will help you to customize Directory.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/all_models/xsi/7_1_3/xmlobjectsref.html

The name of each menu item

The URL associated with the menu item

As the above script , you will find the name of each menu item (it can be replaced by your menu name for example Missed Calls , And the URL it will be  Application:Cisco/MissedCalls. So it will be as the below

Missed Calls

Application:Cisco/MissedCalls

For usual  when you press directories , Missed calls it shows all missed calls. As per you case ,as MR/Jamie advised you have to use Web server or if you have existing UCCX  it will be also ok to add your URL which will be used to allow endusers show the new menu item which you asked above (employee or staff). Can you answer the below questions

1-You can share the URL with us to discuss how can it shows to the end user?.

2-Database which will be used to search for (Staff or emplyee)?.

3-The user will press directories , new menu item to search as employee or staff?.

Thank you

please rate all useful information

grebac.2ring
Level 5
Level 5

Stuart,

You can achieve this (multiple corporate, departmental, and personal directories auto-synced with multiple data sources - and much more) with a 3rd party product - 2Ring PHONE SERVICES, www.2Ring.com/newjuice. There is also a free trial available.

Michal (2Ring)