CUWL-LIC andAnalogue Phone licencing

peternnaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am designing a Solution for a client.

Existing Analogue Phones = 2000

New IP Phones = 2000

My client currently has a PBX with 2000 analogue phones and wants to upgrade to IP Telephony with 2000 new IP Phones.

My client also wants to retain the existing analogue  phones and integrate them into the new IPT design.

My issue is on the licensing and provisioning for the analogue phones.

I am using CUWL-LIC with dynamic configuration. what part number will take care of licensing for the analogue phones?

Also, do i need an ATA or VG224 voice gateway for the analogue phones to integrate with the IP Environment.

I will appreciate response.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Donald Jones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under the CUWL-LIC top level part number you will use the ANLG-DEV-UWL part number ($40 list) for each analog phone you will connect. You can use VG224,VG204 or VG202 but depending on wiring and how many of those analog phones you are going to connect, the 112 port gateway is a better option (C3945-112FXS/K9).

Don

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Donald Jones
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Under the CUWL-LIC top level part number you will use the ANLG-DEV-UWL part number ($40 list) for each analog phone you will connect. You can use VG224,VG204 or VG202 but depending on wiring and how many of those analog phones you are going to connect, the 112 port gateway is a better option (C3945-112FXS/K9).

Don

Hi Donald,

Thank you so much for yoiur response.

I need more clarifications:

1) Does this also aplly when i use the CUCM-USR-LIC top level part number?

2) Must there be an analogue gateway for the integration to be feasibly? If so, what's the maximum number of Analogue phones an analogue gateway can accommodate.

I will apppreciate your prompt response as usual.

If you are going to use the UCL licensing model (i.e. CUCM-USR-LIC) then each analog user will need an Essential License.

I am not sure that I fully understand the second part of your question but if you want analog phones or devices to use or be connecd to CUCM then you will need analog gateways or trunk the old system to your CUCM.

The max number of phones depends on the gateway (i.e. VG224 = 24 analog) The largest gateway will support 112. You can have multiple gateways connected to CUCM. So for example if you need 200 analog phones you could use 2 of the 112 port gateways.

Thanks,

Don

Thanks Don,

I am getting a better understanding now.

One more clarification:

When i use the gateway (eaither the VG224 or the 112), where does the ports 24 and 112 respectively) reside?

i.e. will the analogue phones be plugged directly on the VGs or is there a panel where the analogue phones will be connected?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: