Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

CUWL Licensing

Dear all NetPro gurus,

Just curious whether anyone knows the difference between the following Cisco Part Codes:-

• •- L-LIC-UWL-STD-ADD

OR

• •- L-UWL-UPG-CM-STD

I have a customer who wants to buy Phone + Voicemail license by CUWL when they are purchasing new phones, but can't tell the difference between these 2 Cisco part numbers.

Would grealy appreciated any help on this.

Cheers,

Hunt

3 REPLIES
VIP Super Bronze

CUWL Licensing

The ordering guides explain this. For this situation you want L-LIC-UWL-STD-ADD. The -UPG SKUs are used for upgarding customers from DLU-based versions without UCSS contracts in place.

CUWL Licensing

Thanks Jonathan.  But I was told that if i go for L-UWL-UPG-CM-STD, it will give me more DLU units.  Is that true??

VIP Super Bronze

CUWL Licensing

DLUs are no longer relevent and are not what you are legally purchasing when you buy a CUWL seat. They are merely a holdover from previous licensing models; CUCM 8.x does not enforce the new model (this is coming in 9.0 I hear). You are licensing a human when you buy a CUWL seat and entitling that person to a set of features. It doesn't matter how many DLUs you get; that's not the license you're buying anymore.

It's the same with UWL and UCL: one seat equals one human. Phones that you cannot associate to a specific human become public space devices. Every user must have a license of some type, even if they don't have a phone (e.g. extension mobility-only users).

Also remember that as soon as the customer upgrades to CUCM 7.1(5) or 8.x they are automatically transitioned to UCL for the quantity shown on their UCSS contract (not DLUs!!). The UCSS contract needs to cover all users and any extra public space phones or your license entitlements will effectivly shrink.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content