cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data migration assistant for version 8.0?

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Guys,

Im currently doing some research regarding the possibilities of upgrading from CCM Version 4.x to 8.x, and can find no information regarding a suitable data migration assistant to get from version 4.x to an 8.x installation.

Theres plenty of documents relating to DMA 7.x but nothing for version 8 yet.

Has a suitable version been released yet?  Or is it necessary to use version 7 as a stepping stone?

The compatibility matrix lists nothing for version 8 DMA (again only 7) and the only documentation I can find is under the "Cisco Unified Communications Manager Documentation for release 8.0(2c)" in which it lists information for DMA version 7.1.2

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/docguide/8_0_2c/dg802c.html

This to me, kind of suggests that you may be able to use DMA 7.1.2 for version 8, however, i'd like to know for sure!

Any help appreciated!

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Carl,

The reason for this is that there is no direct migration path from CCM 4.x to CUCM 8.x

Check out Table 4 below;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/ccmcompmatr.html#wp43011

You would need to move to an intervening 7.x build as a first step down this path.

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, you answered my question as well!  And of course, I tried to click on the 5 star and fat fingered the 4 star.. sorry buddy!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey TCAT,

No worries buddy

Hope all is well with you! It's nice to see you back here.

Cheers!

Rob

PS: Congrats on your VIP nomination!

Im trying squeeze myself back into the community here again. I got shoved

over to doing hybrid models of OCS and CUCM integrations. Looks like I

will be back more often now. (hopefully!) OCS is such a pain in the rear..

engineering disaster... oh well

congrats to you as well!

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 11:58 AM, rob.huffman <

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks guys,

In the end i did 4.2(3) And DMA to 7.1(2) then did a direct upgrade from that to 8.0(3) and all went fine (Except some strange DMA errors that needed resolving!)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: