cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Data Migration Assistant

fieldj
Level 1
Level 1

Is installing and running DMA v6.0(1) non disruptive? I want to run through a couple test runs with my production data and i want to make sure that installing DMA doesn't stop and services or require a reboot. And the same for running DMA after it is installed.

Thanks,

Jim

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Installing DMA does require a reboot, so do it after hours. It also installs Informix DB thus the install takes some time which could affect performance.

HTH,

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jim,

The DMA Installation requires the server to be restarted. Have a look at Step # 9;

DMA Installation Procedure

Step 1 Log in to the server as the Windows Administrator.

Step 2 Take one of these actions:

If you have a DMA installation disk, insert the disk.

If you have downloaded DMA, go to the folder in which you saved the DMA installation file and double-click the file.

The DMA Welcome window displays.

Step 3 In DMA Welcome window, click Next.

The License Window displays.

Step 4 Accept the license agreement and click Next. The Informix Password window displays.

Step 5 Enter a password for the Informix Database Server (IDS) in the Informix Password text box.

The password must contain 8-14 characters, including at least one of each of the following character types:

Upper case letter (A-Z)

Lower case letter (a-z)

Numeral (0-9)

Special character ({ } , . < > : ? / | \ ` ~ ! @ $ ^ & * ( ) _ - +)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Caution Do not change the Informix password after installing DMA. Changing the password will cause DMA backups to fail.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 6 Enter the password again in the Confirm Password text box.

The Ready to Install the Program window displays.

Step 7 In the Ready to Install window, click Install.

The installation begins. The Installing Data Migration Assistant window shows you the status as the installation proceeds.

After about 20 minutes, the InstallShield Wizard Completed window displays.

Step 8 In the InstallShield Wizard Completed window, click Finish.

You are prompted to restart the server.

Step 9 To restart the server, click Yes.

The server restarts, and DMA installation completes.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dma/6_0_1/dmaug601.html#wp37259

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob!

Great post, but my DMA 6.01 keeps failing on me. It gets to the end then says it could not finish, see log file. I can find the log file anywhere. Is there a certain place it is kept or?

Hi TCAT,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you :( Here is some info on the Log files from Gonz @ Cisco;

Check this link;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide09186a00806c51d6.html#wp46506

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\DBL\installw1.log

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\DBL\installdbccm.log

C:\Program Files\Cisco\Trace\DBL\dbl_installdb*.txt [ there may be

multiple files ]

C:\program files\cisco\trace\dbl \installdbw1.log

Hope this helps buddy!

Rob

Thanks Rob!

I found the log file and decided to give up. I was running it on VMware and it was reporting the drives had zero space, which then it failed. So I figured that i was up the creek without a paddle and bailed on trying to run the DMA in the lab on VMware workstation.

Thanks though!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: