Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Replication Issue

Callmanager 4.1(3)SR2. Successfully re-created a SQL subscription on a subscriber, though when I test by creating an account on the pub and deleting on the sub, I get the following error:

Remote Scripting Error:

Error Information

Cannot update data because the publisher is not available. Please try again later. (58)

Details:

Error No. -2147219910 (0x8004063a):

CDBLException Dump: [Cannot update data because the publisher is not available. Please try again later.]

I've checked LMHOST/HOST files, Basic network connectivity, Deleted and re-created the SQL pull subscription successfully, and can successfully add a dummy phone entry on the pub and see it on the subs database. This only occurs when I attempt to make a change directly from the subscriber's database.

4 REPLIES

Re: Database Replication Issue

That's because CallManager PUB / SUB relationship is more of a "Master / Slave" DB replication than a true redundant replication task. In other words, it's not really practical to make changes on the SUB. Also, when you are re-creating a subscription, make sure you COMPLETELY delete the subscription with Republish BEFORE I assume you are using the DBHelper method that is documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801e7ddf.shtml

Yep, that's understood - but it's a test that has always worked, and works to with my other subscriber.

That's because CallManager PUB / SUB relationship is more of a "Master / Slave" DB replication than a true redundant replication task. In other words, it's not really practical to make changes on the SUB. Also, when you are re-creating a subscription, make sure you COMPLETELY delete the subscription with Republish BEFORE I assume you are using the DBHelper method that is documented here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00801e7ddf.shtml

Yes, I did try this method - no luck in this case.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content