Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

DB replication issue

Hi all,

We were unable to add new cisco 9971 and 6921 IP phones. but the phones which are already registered 6921 are working fine, however we were not able to do any new changes.

We ran utils dbreplication runtimestate and found the value 3 instead of 2

Later we restarted TFTP service no go

Then we restarted the Pub1 and Sub 1 and Sub 2

Now it is working fine and we are able to do changes

The issue is happening for the third time is there any bug? Or do we need to check any configuration or do we need to activate any other services?

Is there any way where we can find any logs or info that will let us know why this issue is happening?

Our CUCM version is 8.5

Kindly help

Regards,

Rebecca.

4 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

DB replication issue

Hi Rebecca,

You can use the Cisco Unified Reporting tool to generate the Database status report. It provides details about any mismatches between hosts / rhosts on different servers, any connectivity issues between servers and other details.

Here is a very good supportforum doc that also provides details of troubleshooting commands for replication issues

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-13672

Also, if you are running cucm 8.5.1 , please make sure you are atleast on the latest ES for 8.5.1, else try upgrading to latest version of 8.6.2.

HTH

Manish

Re:DB replication issue

Check the versions all servers... Show version active....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

DB replication issue

Hi all,

We are using 8.0 version

@Manish Could you help me to navigate to fetch the data from Cisco Unified Reporting tool to generate the Database status report?

And is there any documentation guide to understand the error? as I have a good understanding towards CUCM however I am having less understanding towards traces and logs or can TAC help us? to get the RCA?

Regards,

Rebecca.

Cisco Employee

Re: DB replication issue

Hi Rebecca,

You need to navigate to 'Cisco Unified Reporting' on the top right of the CUCM login page in the dropdown menu.

Then click on System Reports > Unified CM Database Status  ( screenshot attached )

Then click on the icon to generate a new report

Yes, i would recommend a periodic monitoring of the database status and contact TAC to collect required database logs for RCA.

HTH

Manish

Views
Helpful
Replies