cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DB/SA cluster password. Security Password ?

andyhibbert
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

A few questions regarding the CUCM DB/SA cluster password entered when building a CUCM Publisher

Is this the same password that is commonly referred to as the Security password used when restoring a CUCM system from backup ?

What's the easist way of checking if the password I have been given is the correct password ?

I guess I could try and add a Subscriber to the cluster and then use this password to sync it, but that seems like a lot of work.

If i try a password reset from the console and use this password, what would be the outcome?

If it's the same password, would a history file kick in an prevent me from changing it.

If it's not the same password, do I get prompted to confirm the change so I can back out of the change?

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Andy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Andy,

Per your question

"Is this the same password that is commonly referred to as the Security password used when restoring a CUCM system from backup ?"

The answer is yes

Not sure of a great way to verify but you could try restting

If you want to confirm try reset you could try resetting the password however if your password is correct your are going to reset the password.

admin:set password user security
Please enter the old password: *******
   Please enter the new password: ********
Reenter new password to confirm: ********
WARNING:
Please make sure that the security password on the publisher is changed first.
The security password needs to be the same on all cluster nodes,
or the publisher and subscriber(s) will not communicate.
After changing the security password on a cluster node, please restart that node.

Continue (y/n)?y

Please wait...

The old password did not match.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

Andy,

Per your question

"Is this the same password that is commonly referred to as the Security password used when restoring a CUCM system from backup ?"

The answer is yes

Not sure of a great way to verify but you could try restting

If you want to confirm try reset you could try resetting the password however if your password is correct your are going to reset the password.

admin:set password user security
Please enter the old password: *******
   Please enter the new password: ********
Reenter new password to confirm: ********
WARNING:
Please make sure that the security password on the publisher is changed first.
The security password needs to be the same on all cluster nodes,
or the publisher and subscriber(s) will not communicate.
After changing the security password on a cluster node, please restart that node.

Continue (y/n)?y

Please wait...

The old password did not match.

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Andy,

Basically, we have following passwords:

a. Application GUI Password

b.OS Administration password

c. Security password

all these passwords serve different purpose.

you need to have same security password for building other servers in same cluster.while restoring , u need to remember the secuirty password.

if secuirity password is changed between backup and restore, DRS would ask for old secuirty password or else initiate new backup.

regds,

aman

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: