Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Dbreplication Errors

Hi  I am having lots of troubles with dbreplication... I have a cluster with 1 publisher 8 subscribers and 1 tftp server...all in version 5.1.x the idea was to upgrade all the cluster to 7.1.5 and after that migrate to 8.5.1

Will trying this dbreplication got lots of errors rhost sqlhost ...etc.. Files were corrupted. with wrong info.. We open a tac case and try to repair database for 12 hs but was impossible so we have to switchback to version 5 because the working windows was ending...

So we decided to make a new plan to migrate the cluster...

I took a backup of version 5 and install it on a new server in the lab.. then I upgrade to version 7.1.5 and after that to 8.5.1 and make a backup with version 8.5.1 all of these only with the publisher in lab environment... Only use backup of publisher..

So with this backup we prepared a new cluster in lab.. With 2 ucs running 4 uc each.. And other 2 cucm servers....

So my question is... if a make a fresh install in a uc on ucs... and restore the backup in this server... then I make a new virtual machine with other uc and install 8.5.1 and the with other... etc..etc... Till I got all the cluster.. will this could possible work??? Or I will have dbreplication issues again??'

Any other idea???

To resume I got all cluster working on 5.1.x  and a whole new cluster to test in lab.. the idea if i could make it work in lab. i will just repair one equipment with the other because I am using the same IP address and hostname etc...

If this is possible which step should I follow to install all the cluster with the backup.. first installa Publisher.. then restore backup or before restore.. install subscribers?

Thanks very much!!!

Views
Helpful
Replies