cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Community Member

dbreplication status shows offline

Hi All,

I have built a new subscriber on VM with version 8.6.2a SU3 yesterday. I have publisher on MCS and another subscriber also on MCS. Total 2 servers are there now. after building the new Subscriber on VM, when i try to check the output of "Utils dbreplication runtime state" i am seeing the status as offline for the new suscriber where as for old subscriber it is showing as connected. below is the output. Kindly suggest.

admin:utils dbreplication runtimestate

DB and Replication Services: ALL RUNNING

Cluster Replication State: BROADCAST SYNC Completed on 1 servers at: 2013-08-25-18-51

Last Sync Result: SYNC COMPLETED 541 tables sync'ed out of 541

Sync Errors: NO ERRORS

DB Version: ccm8_6_2_23900_10

Number of replicated tables: 541

Cluster Detailed View from PUB (3 Servers):

PING           REPLICATION     REPL.   DBver& REPL.   REPLICATION SETUP

SERVER-NAME     IP ADDRESS     (msec) RPC?   STATUS         QUEUE   TABLES LOOP?   (RTMT) & details

-----------     ------------   ------ ----   -----------     -----   ------- -----   -----------------

DRLHOVOICE-SUB1 172.27.210.5   6.64   Yes     Connected       0       match   Yes     (2) Setup Completed

DRLHOVOICE     152.63.1.100   0.042   Yes     Connected       0       match   Yes     (2) PUB Setup Completed

DRL-HOVOICE-SUB2       152.63.1.19     0.138   Yes     Off-Line       N/A     0       N/A     (0) Not Setup

Regards

Sankar.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: dbreplication status shows offline

From CUCM Administration GUI, select from the drop down Cisco Unified Reporting > go to System Reports and you can find the reports Bhavani indicated.

Please rate helpful answers!

Hi Sankar,

Did you change the security password before installing subscirber?

Also please check the database status from RTMT as well.

Further, please refer below link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2085115

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia
17 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Hi Sankar,

Offline status is seen when the syscdr database is missing on that node. It doesn't necessarily mean that there is an issue with that node itself. It could be the Publisher or the other Subscriber as well. The reason for this is because of the full mesh architecture of the database in a cluster. What I would do is get to the bottom of it by:

Taking a look at the Unified Reporting Tool reports - CM Summary and Database Status. These reports will tell you things like - connectivity between the nodes, entries in the cmhost, rhost and sqlhost tables, what are the entries in the syscdr db, etc just to name a few.

Depending on the same, I would proceed forward with troubleshooting or corrective actions of running the appropriate DB commands on the cluster. But that's just how I troubleshoot db issues.

If you're looking for direct steps to try to fix this, you can follow the stop, drop and roll process as below:

1> Run "utils dbreplication stop" on both Subscribers (can be done at the same time). Wait for it to complete. It can take ~5-10 minutes.

2> Run "utils dbreplication stop" on the Publisher. Wait for it to complete. It can take ~5-10 minutes.

3> Run "utils dbreplication dropadmindb" on the Publisher. Wait for it to complete. It can take ~5-10 minutes.

4> Run "utils dbreplication dropadmindb" on both Subscribers (can be done at the same time). Wait for it to complete. It can take ~5-10 minutes.

5> Run "utils dbreplication reset all" on the Publisher. Monitor the progress using "utils dbreplication runtimestate" on the Publisher. It can take anywhere from 45 minutes to many hours depending on size of the DB, network connectivity (WAN), etc.

Hope this helps.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

-- Regards, Harmit.
Cisco Employee

Community Member

Hi Harmit,

I have gone through the procedure and done the same, but it is still showing the same as offline. I have seen that all the services in the Subscriber in deactivated state. When i try to start the services, i get this error "Update Failed for the Service(s): Cisco CallManager Service cannot be Activated or Deactivated due to Database Update Failure."

Kindly suggest.

Regards

Sankar.

Cisco Employee

Hi Sankar,

Sounds like the informix DB is not up on that node. I would check "utils service list" and ensure A Cisco DB and A Cisco DB Replicator services are up.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

-- Regards, Harmit.
Community Member

Hi HArmit,

Those services are up. below is the output.

A Cisco DB[STARTED]

A Cisco DB Replicator[STARTED]

I found the below output while executing the command"utils dbreplication dropadmindb"

152.63.1.19 -->> problem Subscriber

admin:
admin:utils dbreplication dropadmindb
********************************************************************************                                                                                        ************
This command will drop the syscdr database on the server
This should be executed if replication reset fails
It can be executed on both publisher and subscriber servers
********************************************************************************                                                                                        ************

Dropping the syscdr database is in progress.
Service Manager is running
Commanded Out of Service
A Cisco DB Replicator[NOTRUNNING]

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 11.50.UC8X7   -- On-Line -- Up 02:38:39 -- 2                                                                                        63344 Kbytes

IBM Informix Dynamic Server Version 11.50.UC8X7   -- On-Line -- Up 02:38:39 -- 2                                                                                        63344 Kbytes

You can use command file view activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/DropAdminDB_20130830_14                                                                                        5810.log

172.27.210.5 -->> Non issue subscriber

admin:utils dbreplication dropadmindb
This command will drop the syscdr database on the server
This should be executed if replication reset fails
It can be executed on both publisher and subscriber servers

Dropping the syscdr database is in progress.
Commanded Out of Service
A Cisco DB Replicator[NOTRUNNING]

Dropping of syscdr Database successful.

To view log, use command file view activelog cm/trace/dbl/sdi/DropAdminDB_201308                                                                                        30_042802.log
admin:

Regards

Sankar.

Cisco Employee

Hi Sankar,

Please generate and upload the latest reports from Unified Reporting Tool:

Unified CM Cluster Overview

Unified CM Database Staus

--
Regards,
Harmit.

-- Regards, Harmit.
Community Member

Hi Harmit,

can you share me the procedure please?

Regards

Sankar.

From CUCM Administration GUI, select from the drop down Cisco Unified Reporting > go to System Reports and you can find the reports Bhavani indicated.

Please rate helpful answers!

Community Member

Hi Amine,

Thank you.

Regards

Sankar.

Community Member

Hi HArmit,

I have attached the reports as requested.

Regards

Sankar.

Hi Sankar,

Did you change the security password before installing subscirber?

Also please check the database status from RTMT as well.

Further, please refer below link

https://supportforums.cisco.com/thread/2085115

Regards,

Nishant Savalia

Regards, Nishant Savalia
Cisco Employee

+5 to Nishant, very good point, another thing to ensure it is same as rest of the cluster's, else that node will not participate in replication.

--
Regards,
Harmit.

-- Regards, Harmit.

Thank You Sir,

And as you have pointed out, log clearly shows that the version of all nodes are not similar.

@Sankar: please check the point mentioned by Harmit Sir.

Regards, Nishant Savalia
Cisco Employee

Hi Sankar,

Both reports are full of errors and reveal that there are connectivity / network issues between all these nodes. You need to make sure all 3 nodes are running exactly the same version as well ( you can check this by running "show version active" from the CLI of each of these nodes and compare). I see you used unrestricted media for one of the Subscribers. Are the other 2 nodes also installed with unrestricted version? Worth checking both these things.

Unified CM Version
ErrorSource has failed due to source on 152.63.1.100 timing out
ErrorSource has failed due to source on 172.27.210.5 timing out
WarningThe CUCM Version on all servers do not match
Expand MeView Details
ServerCUCM Version
152.63.1.100Source has failed due to source on 152.63.1.100 timing out
172.27.210.5Source has failed due to source on 172.27.210.5 timing out
152.63.1.19cm-ver-8.6.2.23900-10  Unrestricted

--
Regards,
Harmit.