cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DBWalker run issue

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

I have just installed and run DBWalker 4.0.63 on Unity 7.0.2 and on the initial run I get 1000s of errors stating:

error in mymyLoadString: Rescource with indentifier 'xxxx' not found

This error repeats 1000s of times before the app screen loads up .. any pointers pls?

Jed

4 Replies 4

vinhnguyen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jed

This you get an answer for this issue.  I am hitting the same bug.

Thanks

No luck so far. The error I have is on my newly built Unity7 VM, but it works fine on a new physical Unity server I've built. Not really sure what the difference is.

Can anybody confirm I can happily run dbwalker and COBRAS export on a live Unity server as long as the VM utilisation is not too heavy ... all indications in the docs appear to say this is fine,

Thanks

Jed

Hi Jed

I am confused by your statement one statement you said it does not work and then you said it works

"The error I have is on my newly built Unity7 VM, but it works fine on a new physical Unity server I've built"

How do you intend to take COBRAS backup without running DBWalker?

Thanks

I have two Unity boxes I've built, one was a VM based build for me to pilot the work I had to perform and the second is the production build and is on a physical box. dbwalker fails as described on the VM, but works on the physical bo I built .. I've no idea why it's different. I've seen similar issues when Unity is not running so I suppose there's a chance Unity wasn't running when I ran dbwalker on the test VM I built.

As to whether you run dbwalker or not, from what I can see it's optional but strongly recommended to run it so you can clean up your database. I ran it on the source system for my customer to see what issues were in the DB, and opted not to fix the issues.

Jed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: