cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

debug isdn q931 on gateway question

jjoseph01
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all. Im in the process of staging a new install and Im just trying to verify that digits are being sent over to my new gateway. I have it all configured and I have debug isdn q931 on, but Im not seeing the call trying to go through the router. Now, I do not have the PRI plugged in, I only have a T1 loop in to get a green CD light on the VWIC card. Im thinking I should be able to at least see the call trying to go out, even though it wont because of the loop back plug I have in it. Is this correct? I think I have everything set up correctly on the CUCM, the same as I have done it many times before, but Im just not seeing the digits come across to the gateway. I guess my question is if I dont have the PRI in place, would I see the digits come across to the gateway?

29 Replies 29

ok, thanks. going to eat some lunch. will check this when i get back.

Hi,

I have run into this situation many times before, and you will never see any call information on the mgcp gateway until you have complete l2 and l3 isdn backhaul to the UCM. From your IOS gateway, it will show as registered, but from the UCM, it will show as unregistered. Once you have the PRI connected, the status on the UCM will change to registered and you will be able to see isdn l2 (q921) and l3 (q931) call information.

But as he says above it is registered with UCM

ok, back now. Yeah, I have a loopback on it and it says registered. GOing to look for DNA now.

Sorry guys, still looking for this. Any idea in particular in Serviceability where it is?

Ok, found that it was not activated in service activation. I activated it, now looking for it to download.

ok, found it and going through it now. I think it basically is saying what it uses for that route pattern (911) and uses the RG, RL, etc that I stated earlier. Still looking through it.

ok, here is what I think it says: under "call flow" (I think this is where I should be looking), it gives me the route pattern Im dialing (911), says that it hits the right route list, says that it hits the righ route group, device "end device name" is correct S0/SU0/DS1-0@xxxx.com, device says "registered". Alternate matches = none. Any ideas?

Maybe it just doesnt if the PRI isnt connected, and a loopback doesnt work for this????? Im not sure, as I have never really tried this in a lab before. I just thought Id like to test it out and so I tried it. Not KNOWING if it will work or not.

Im going to go ahead and rate this, even though Im not sure why it doesnt show up. I appreciate the help Matt. I learned about the DNA, so this has been very helpful to me. I think its configured correctly, Im just not sure why it doesnt show at the gateway. Both see each other as registered, call flow seems to go out that PRI line (looped back) according to DNA. I wonder if the call must go "through" the gateway instead of "to" the gateway before it shows??? Not sure, but Im guessing that may be it.

Hi

I have seen this problem before where no voip debug comes through, is the Route List registered? try resetting it.

bretjaquish
Level 3
Level 3

Did you do a show isdn status? It must say "Multiple FRAME Established". I highly doubt this is going to work without a PRI turned up. Simply looping the interface will not be enough.

Otherwise, try "debug isdn q921" and see if you are getting SABME messages in the debugs. If you see it sending in one direction, then simply looping the interface will not work.

I also have an issue same as this in that the DNA is routing the call but no L3 on the debugs

I also have an issue same as this in that the DNA is routing the call but no L3 on the debugs

Ill look at this also and see. Thanks for the input.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: