Views
Helpful
Replies

Debug / Troubleshotting logs

GM2020
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everybody,

Please could somebody list out the various logs that will help me cross-check the CCS,Partition, Route Pattern, Translation- rule, Trunk Group..etc matched by an outgoing call... ? I have used RTMT tool but i could not get a clue if the call fails due to wrong CSS/Partition ..etc

Basically, I wanted to see through all the logs generated in the IPT as the call travel from source (IP Phone) to Destination (Voice Gateway)

Call Flow :

Ip Phone - CM - VG - PSTN

Inbetwen IP Phone and CM, if the call fails due to wrong CSS/Partition..etc which log will help me to understand the problem ?

Also, is there any log that shows the traverse of call through various VG configurations like Voice-Translation rule, Voice - Translation Profile, Trunk group, E1 Controller, Dial-peer ...etc

Thanks a lot :)

1 Reply 1

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You best use the "dialed number analyzer".

It is one of the tools in Call Manager.

this will show you which pattern and CSS and eventually which gateway is being used when you simulate a call from a certain phone.

check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/dna/7_0_1/dnaacc.html

once you know which voice gateway is being hit do debug voip dial peer all and this will show you which dial peer is used when a call hits the gateway

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: