Views
Helpful
Replies

Dedicate one analog line for my one user

sal_jam82
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Experts......

I am in the situation where one of my user wants one telephone line to be reserved for him so never found the telephone lines busy .... i know how to route analog line to particular extension directly without any AA or IVR but how to do it with outgoing calls...

I dont want any extra digit to be dialed by the user not even any PIN........... any help will be really appreciated...its urgent please

Regards

Salman

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok, then its just a matter of creating a route pattern only that user can reach, CSS and partitions, basic stuff
what GW protocol??

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Start by mentioning what you have to work with...
CUCM??? CME???

HTH

java

hi jaime........sorry i forget to mention i have CUCM 8.5

Regards

Salman

Ok, then its just a matter of creating a route pattern only that user can reach, CSS and partitions, basic stuff
what GW protocol??

HTH

java

Hi Jaime thanks for quick reply..... okay if i am correct should i use specific partition let say " test " and assign it to user extension and also configure route-pattern into the same partition.....???? is it soo??? i am using H.323 for GW ............. but i can change GW protocol if we have better option with another protocol.....

Regard

Salman

If using h323, just configure a prefix in the route pattern and create a dial peer using that port that matches that prefix so only those calls use it.

HTH

java

Hi Jaime

First thanks alot really appreciate it .......... but Jaime as i told you before that i dont want my user to dial any extra digit ......... if i use any prefix for instance i use route pattern...." 9.054XXXXXX" where 9 is prefix my user if want to dial a number 0541234567 he has to dial 9 before the real number each time isn't ? if so then i dont want my user to dial 9 before real number i need such trick that he dials in a normal way but that call should always be routed through the define analog trunk.

Thanks again

Regards

Salman

Once again, that's why you configure the prefix in the route pattern, so it's done there without user intervention.

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java