cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay and sometime echo when on the phones

sienz.sienz
Level 1
Level 1

One of our remote sites is experiencing echo and delay when they are on the phone. This site is connecting via MPLS to host server in a different city. The phones are directly connected so there is no router in this site.

We also have other sites and they are seemed to be fine. I made some test calls between sites and use the Cisco phone call statistic. During my test calls I noticed that the Max Jitter is very high compare to other phones to the other sites.

During 4-digits (internal) call from host to this site the Max jitter is about 20-30. The LQK average is 4.5

If I call the host then it is transferred to this site the Max jitter is jumped to about 70-80. The LQK average is 4.5

If I call the this site directly as external call the Max jitter is jumped to about 50-60. The LQK average is 4.5

The Max jitter for the other site is about 5-10. The LQK average is 4.5

So it seems that we have jitter problem for this site. Is there any other testing that I can do from the Cisco CallManager/phones.

Any advice on how to do some deeper analyzing for this issue? So we can know exactly the issue.

We are using CUCM 6.11 and Cisco 7945 and 7965

Thank you,

Sienz

1 Reply 1

Hi Sienz,

You should check your QoS settings on the two routers that contain the WAN connection between the two sites.

If you do not have QoS applied, you should build a policy and apply it.

If you do have a policy, make sure that it is working as expected with 'show policy-map interface'.

If you post the QoS configuration we can take a look.

-nick