cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay of 2 seconds after answerring a call..

jhun_puyong
Level 1
Level 1

I have recieved complaints from our users that when they recieved a call from our remote ofice, after they pickup the phone it took 2-3 seconds before both parties can hear each other. They were using 7942G IP Phones.

appreciate your help on this matter.

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

I did see something similar once a long time ago. It was a problem with the QoS config on the routers.

If I recall nothing appeared configured wrong, but when it was removed or adjusted, the 2 second delay resolved itself. I can't find the relevent info now, but give it a try. I vaguely remember it was because the EF class was getting placed in the wrong queue with the telco and hence received lower priority through the MPLS cloud.

Hi Mamoss,

Thanks for replying.. can you somehow provide me your QOS config.. and to which part of our QOS configuration i will adjust.

Actually I'm also looking at the intercluster trunk to both remote sites.

Thank you again.. appreciate your help.

Sorry it was a long time ago, I don't have the QoS configs.

I'm slightly confused why you mention ICTs. Is this not just remote phones on a single cluster? Can you explain the setup in more detail?

johncaston_2
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Did you figure out what was causing this?

I have a similar situation with a new CUCM 7.1 install in that when the someone calls and the user picks up the phone and says "such and such speaking" - all the caller hears is "aking" (the end of the announcement)

It's similar to when VAD is enabled - but this is definitely disabled.

The only thing that I can think of is that, in this particular case, there are multiple hops from the PSTN (VX-900 gateway and a Nortel 81C before it gets to the Cisco ISR). I'm thinking that the problem is caused by the delay in the call signalling getting back to the caller but I'm not sure

Cheers,

John