cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Delay to stop dial tone after to do a call.

Hi guys!

I have a customer with the follow problem:

Customer environment has analog PBX, CallManager and MGCP gateway 8.5.

When he makes an international call to Argentina, from an analog phone the call goes through the PBX, then goes to the MGCP gateway via ISDN link, the Callmanager and goes to the gateway that is out there in Argentina as a call lower cost.

But when he finishes dialing, is a continuous tone for 12 seconds before completing the call. After this the call completes normally. Does anyone know what possible reason?

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Marcelo,

I'm not sure what kind of analog PBX your customer is using, but it sounds like it is waiting for the interdigit timeout (typically 15 seconds) before sending the call. This is because international numbers have a variable length of digits. Is it possible to configure the analog PBX to recognize the # key as the end of the number string and immediately forward the call to call manager.

Just a thought.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi Marcelo,

I'm not sure what kind of analog PBX your customer is using, but it sounds like it is waiting for the interdigit timeout (typically 15 seconds) before sending the call. This is because international numbers have a variable length of digits. Is it possible to configure the analog PBX to recognize the # key as the end of the number string and immediately forward the call to call manager.

Just a thought.

Please rate helpful posts.

Thanks.

Hi Kenneth

My customer solved the problem with your PBX support.

Thanks for you helps!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: