Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

delayed call routing on Cisco UCM 9.1

Hi folks,

I have a problem with the long delay while the call is establishing. It took aprox.10seconds for external calls and aprox 5 sec in the internal calls.

The used devices are Jabber clients, Hardphones.

for external calls we are using SIP trunk from CUCM to SBC.

for local calls the Local breakout gateways are used.

routepatterns looks like 0.[1-9]![0-9#] for local calls

for national it uses : 00.[1-9]![0-9#]

According to a tac case the # has to be deleted but I am not sure if it helps.

In traces there is visible Timeout T302 set to 4 seconds.

Can it be somehow shortened?

Thanksin advance.

Everyone's tags (1)
3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

If you have already discarded

If you have already discarded overlapping as the cause, then start debugging your CUBE to find out how long it takes for telco to reply to the messages to establish the call.

And I agree with TAC, your RPs look weird, ! already defines any digit, and any number of digits, and is mostly used for international calls when you don't know how many digits you'll need why do you have [0-9#] after it????, you probably want to look into that in first place.

Your route plan might be the reason for this.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdi

Hi Jamie,thanks for the reply

Hi Jamie,

thanks for the reply, I am looking in that really long :) and I do not know why this design of the dialplan has been used. The issue will be checked also by colleagues from sip trunk team and the configuration of the SBC will be checked along with the messages from the Telco provider.

This Dialplan was used in the older version of the CUCM and was taken to the version 9.1.

I have one more update from

I have one more update from the same customer.

he told me that in time when I hear 4 ringtones on my phone he hears only 1 ringing in the headphones.

I have checked the traces and found there such message:

26344149.008 |09:29:05.022 |AppInfo  |//SIP/Stack/Error/0xb093a710/sact_app_media_event_send_request: ignoring PRACK request answer

I have enabled PRACK and Early offer during the investigation as I tought that will help to speed up the call build but it didnt helped much (there was a problem with the MOH (I forgot to enable MId call invites with sendrecieve)). Then I have disabled the early offer for audio video calls but forgot to  shut down the Sending prack for every 1XX message with SDP

Can be this as a cause for the ringing issue ?

Views
Helpful
Replies