cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Deleted user in Unity, voicemail still on outside calls

jojohnson
Level 1
Level 1

I deleted the user / phone in Call manager and in Unity. I cannot find her extension/name anywhere yet her alternate voicemail still answers if I dial the number from an outside line. Also, the phone that was configured will not ring, it will go the specified number of rings and then go to voicemail.

If I dial her extension internal, I get "your call cannot be completed."

3 Replies 3

Jo,

Have you Tried to run a route plan report on the deleted extension and the alternate extension?

You can get there from route plan --> Route plan report.

If you call in to 1234 which in CallManager forwards you to 4321 which says that after no one answers go to voice-mail the chances are that the original number 1234 is what is being passed to Unity. The only way a message would play is if there was a number that matched it in the Unity DB. If there is no subscriber or call handler with that extension I would check the DB to make sure there isn't a database problem.

I would also recommend checking Active Directory. Just because you delete the user from Unity doesn't mean the voice-mail box goes away. If you find an AD account right click, Exchange Tasks, Delete Mailbox. Once done delete the user. Load up Exchange System Manager and browse to the Mailbox Store, right click, Run Cleanup, Find the name in the list, it should have a red icon, right click and purge.

That will completely remove the account from the system. This is a pretty broad overview so if you have any more detailed questions let me know.

Well, we just found the problem. THe biggest problem is not enough information from the user. This past week was the final week of porting numbers to a new phone company. During the process the user had 2 phones on her desk. We removed the old phone last week and were under the impression that her voip phone was working correctly, it was not because her number didn't port over like we thought it had. So it was ringing on her nec phone (which wasnt there anymore) and going to her voicemail, which was current because it was in use as of last week.

Thankyou for your help, and sorry for the rookie mistake.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: