cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Demo license for CUCM 9.x

j.sillers
Level 5
Level 5

We bought NFR 8.6 for our lab and then upgraded it to 9.  The only licensing we had was the original demo license for 8.6  Now it is 6+ months later and the 9 demo license has expired plus, since it was a lab, we were over subscribed on 9 enhanced users.  The system has locked us out from making any changes and we cna't apply a new demo license either.

What is the correct way to license a lab system?  And how do I remove the oversubscriptions if the system locks me out of making any changes now that the grace peiod is over?  I can't even delete users/devices.          

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

You should be able to go to www.cisco.com/go/license and request another demo license. The right way to upgrade NFR system is to order a UC 9.0 NFR license and do the upgrade. 

Please rate useful posts.

George - When you do the demo procudure, it tells you to paste in the contents from ELM but the results is "you have already used a demo license on this server.  you can not use another demo license" (praphrasing)

So what does the NFR 9.0 get you?  we upgraded this before the 9.0 NFR was available.

Thats interesting, I never had that problem before.

NFR 9.0 gets you a permanent 9.x license for CUCM with 15 CUWL PRO licenses. It gives you various other licenses as well - CUCN,IM/P etc etc.

It turned out that our original NFR licenses (which at the time we never loaded due to an alert email from TAC) were part of a bad PAK series.  So TAC made us new ones and we got licenses.  Those were timed as 6 month demos. They expired and that was our issue.  They should have been permanent but that was not what they re-issued.

We are working now to get our permanent but it is a huge hassel now that the DB was locked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: